Test drive: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe

These are the cars I love. Plenty of personality, power and performance. They may not be the most practical cars in the world, but, do you know what….I DON’T CARE!!! There is more to the driving experience than practicality no matter what Toyota thinks.
The Camaro is a sweet looking car, however, from a day to day perspective, I’d take either the Ford or the Dodge. The Dodge has the most interior and trunk room for daily use and the most accurate retro design, and the Ford has its proven track record as well as some downright outstanding performance.
Hawaiian Don
This car looks absurd. The styling is way over the top and it’s dimensions are obscene (compared to my brother’s 68 Camaro 327). Albeit the SS is a really a fast car…that’ll pass everything except a gas station!!!

three west(3)
I dunno Don, I’m a Ford guy and I think the Camaro looks awesome.
I was lucky enough to drive an SS, and although it was in the dark and on wet roads it seemed like a hoot. Unfortunately he’s not kidding about that blind spot, you can’t see a damn thing out of it.
This technical article deals with the reasons behind an unexpected loss of reverse in certain BMW automatic transmission equipped vehicles, specifically the 3 series
Steve in GA(5)
I’m with Hawaiian Don on this one.
I realize that styling preferences are a very personal thing and vary greatly, but the styling of the Camaro strikes me as a caricature, sort of an exaggerated version of a car that a 12 year-old boy might draw in art class, or a car that might have been dreamed up for a Transformers movie. Oh, wait…
Hawaiian Don(6)
I feel the way I do because this was all about being “retro”. Unfortunately, there is little that is retro about this design. They took a few styling cues from the past, but overall it’s hardly what came out in the early Camaros. Its gargantuan size hardly resembles the early pony cars at all. Size is also a problem for the gorgeous Challenger, which I see a a very coool retro looking car. The Mustang, though clearly mindful of its past and seems to be the best balance all around…in my opinion, of course.
lwatcdr(7)
My brother and Sister in law have on and they love it. To me it is just too big and frankly from what I have read it doesn’t handle all that well. Come on GM you have proven that you can make cars that can go around a corner with the best of them. Why not the Camaro?
Maybe they will make a Z/28 with a turbo or supercharged V6 and a well tuned suspension and a ZL-1 with a supercharged 7.1 V8 to round out the lineup. I still will not buy one but they will be the dream cars of every 16-25 year old male and the second teenager hood for the 45-65 year olds that by them.
Mike in AR(8)
Agree with Don. GM could have done a nicer job designing this car. Surprised no one has mentioned how badly the interior look and quality of materials this car has.